POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development)
From: flyer 2000
Date: 24 Jul 2003 19:20:01
Message: <web.3f20691cb57395e4e385dc2c0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

This is the last thing that I would like to fix for the next release of
PoseRay (v3.0.1) that hopefully should be during the weekend.

I am using POV-Ray 3.5 in Windows 98 (English language). I was trying to
render a model that used image maps with accents. For example one of the

indicates that it cannot load the image map. If I change the accented
character in the file and the POV-Ray code then it works properly.

I set up the charset to utf8 but that did not help. I know that POV-Ray only
recognizes the lower 128 ASCII characters. Is there a way around this with
filenames? I also tried to use the unicode equivalents in the filename as
"Suba arri\u00E9re.jpg" but that did not work either.

I could make an option to copy/rename the maps without accents and rename
the map names in each material but it would be nicer if POV-Ray could read
these files without modification.

thanks for any info or suggestions,

FlyerX